Sunward Steel Buildings is a family-owned business that has been in the steel building manufacturing industry for over four decades now. Founded in 1972, the company has already produced 50,000 buildings here and abroad from its own manufacturing facility. It believes that the quality of the building should not be compromised whatever your budget is. It aims to produce structures that are built to last. In fact, it is bold to tell its customers that its buildings could last 100 years.
Compare Metal Building Prices and save up to 30%!
For Agricultural & Business Applications, Select Commercial To Begin.
Compare Metal Building Prices and save up to 30%!
Sunward Steel Buildings designs and manufactures buildings for commercial and industrial applications such as warehouses and multi-purpose, manufacturing facilities and hangars. It also creates buildings for smaller applications such as shop buildings and offices, riding arenas, metal barns, gymnasiums and airplane hangars.
What sets Sunward Steel Buildings apart from the competition?
- Sunward Steel Buildings claims of producing buildings with the highest quality that are incomparable in the industry at a fair price. Blue ribbon quality is the standard at Sunward. It uses exclusive technology such as the Seal Tight Systems, Siphon Groove, along with other quality details to ensure proper sealing of bolts and additional bracing that generally exceeds local codes. This translates to guaranteed longevity and maintenance and operating costs kept at the minimum. Its exclusive anti-leak system meanwhile disperses moisture out and hence helps lower operational and maintenance costs.
- Sunward offers a 40-year paint warranty against flaking, loose adhesion, and peeling. This means the building is meant to last with its beauty retained.
- The company promises to work with you closely from start to finish. It offers single source point of contact where it performs all the necessary tasks from initial consultation to ensure you get the best building solution, from estimating to engineering, and from manufacturing to delivery of your project to the job site. It handles the pre-planning, planning to drafting and building fabrication in their own factories, all done with stamped engineered drawings.
- Sunward Steel Buildings has a solid network of contractors. It can help you find the contractor that is just right for your building project. Its dealer network offers construction services throughout the U.S. and Canada. They can help within the site preparation, concrete, and construction of the steel building. Upon request, Sunward can supply you with the names of your local dealers and erectors.
- Sunward steel building systems are IAS accredited. This means that your structure complies with the requirements set in Chapter 17 of the International Building Code. This also saves you significant amount from verifying the competence of your steel building fabrication. It also gives you the assurance that you are working with a reputable and qualified manufacturing team and system.
- Other certifications obtained by Sunward include Quasar, American Welding Society, Canadian Welding Society, Better Business Bureau, City of Houston, LA Department of Building and Safety, City of San Bernardino, and more.
What are the advantages of working with a single source manufacturer?
When you work directly with the metal building manufacturer, you are ensured that you are working with a team that is dedicated to producing the best building for you. Since they carry the sole responsibility for all phases of the construction process, they will carefully work with you from planning to the delivery of the building. They make sure they account for all your needs from design to engineering.
Sunward Steel Buildings is set to perform all the necessary tasks to set up your building. Not to mention that your steel building is guaranteed made in the U.S.A. Sunward has three factories in South Carolina and North Dakota. It has invested millions of dollars into these factories to ensure that the equipment is top of the line to treat the strongest metal and build aesthetically appealing structures.
When all is set and done, Sunward Steel Buildings will deliver your building directly to your job site with its own fleet of trucks.
How are customers assured of quality steel?
The steel used by Sunward Steel Building is characterized by the following:
- It applies cable bracing to boost strength using 7-wire G-90 galvanized steel strands
- Mainframe columns and rafters are 50-55 KSI yield strength for rugged, certified rigidity
- Purlin and girts at 12 to 16 gauge with 55 KSI yield strength
- Purlin/girt bridging angles to maintain spacing and add strength to the entire structure
- G-90 galvanized base angles made of 16 GA or better (others use painted material)
How should interested buyers get started working with Sunward?
Serious buyers may request quotes online by logging on at http://www.sunwardsteel.com. They may also contact Sunward Steel Buildings at 303-758-4141. One of Sunwards’s consultants can help customers get a quote. There are however certain qualifications required before obtaining a quote. They can also assist you in finding local dealers in your area.
If you wish to find any steel buildings completed by Sunward Steel Buildings, you can contact them and they will put you in touch with one of their consultants who can provide you several locations of the buildings near you.
Since Sunward is the manufacturer, it is not involved in the erection process. You will need to enlist help from your local contractors. Sunward Steel Buildings can provide you lists of erectors in your area. Take note though that they are not affiliated to Sunward Consolidated Group. Hence, it cannot claim responsibility for the quality of their work.
As mentioned earlier, Sunward Steel Buildings performs all the necessary tasks from pre-planning to the engineering of your next project. The time it takes from placing the order to the time of delivery depends on the complexity of your project. The standard delivery time for non-complex building is six to eight weeks.
What are the tools the customers need to erect the building?
Here’s a list of the things you need to prepare ahead of the delivery schedule:
- electric impact wrench, level – 4′
- vise grips or
- drift pins or punches
- gin pole or hoisting equipment
- chain or cables with chokers, ladders, scaffolding, metal shims, washers, electric drill and bits
- acetylene torch set
- rope or cable (for temporary bracing)
- box wrench
- open end
- sockets with probable sizes of ¾”, 7/8″, 1-1/16″, 1-1/4″, 1-7/16″
- screw gun with 2,500 RPM adjustable torque, screw gun socket drivers size 5/16″ and 3/8″
- power actuated nail gun concrete drill with masonry bits
- steel measuring tapes 25′ long and 100′ long.
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Quonset Hut Steel Buildings are suitable from residential to farming to commercial purposes. This type of building style is very popular for building a DIY workshop on your property. This style of building will have extreme versatility and you will enjoy the ease of assembly.
Steel Frame Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial, and smaller residential construction. There style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.