Pioneer Steel Buildings bills itself as the longest-running manufacturer of trussless steel buildings. It has been offering a wide selection of pre-fabricated buildings since 1980. They come in different sizes and models to suit your needs and budget.
Compare Metal Building Prices and save up to 30%!
For Agricultural & Business Applications, Select Commercial To Begin.
Compare Metal Building Prices and save up to 30%!
Its full line of expertise includes residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, garage, recreational storage, workshop, equipment storage, and warehousing.
Pioneer Steel also offers a wide range of accessories, from doors to ventilators.
What can you expect from Pioneer Steel buildings?
Rugged and Durable
Pioneer Steel buildings’ steel sheet has outperformed the industry standards for nearly three decades. They are strong enough to weather the impact of heavy rains, winds, snow, hurricane, ice, hailstorm and even earthquakes as they are made from AZ180 (AZ60) Galvalume Plus. This coated steel sheet contains a unique zinc-aluminum alloy that contributes much in its corrosion resistance and heat reflectivity. It also offers a 30-year warranty against corrosion.
Pioneer Steel Buildings assures that there’s no bending, shifting, breakage or denting. They are clean and 100% non-porous. They all have CSA-A660 Quality Certification.
More importantly, Pioneer Steel buildings are maintenance free. You won’t need to repaint ever. It won’t split, rust, warp, or crack.
Interestingly, they are 100% recyclable. Pioneer Steel buildings used Canadian manufactured steel which has 25-95% total recycled content.
Easy to construct
All Pioneer Steel buildings are designed for easy-do-it-yourself construction, requiring just one bolt all throughout the construction. It also uses easy-to-install insulation pins, self-adhesive caulking strips, and pre-drilled base plates. The company boasts that over three-fourths of its customers do the erection of buildings all by themselves in just a few days. Special tools and skills are unnecessary. Less labor is also required.
Below are just some of the basic tools you need:
- 1/2″ and 9/16″ wrenches
- Scaffolding, stepladders, and rope
- Hard hats and work gloves
- Extension ladders and/or rope ladders
- Electric impact wrench with 1/2″ hex or 9/16″ square sockets
- Electric drill, variable speed with 3/8″ bits for sheet steel
- Tape measures, 50 or 100 ft. and 10 ft.
The Pioneer Steel’s standard panels can be handled easily as they only measure about 2 x 10 and weigh 40lbs on the average. The buildings are delivered to the construction site in a kit form and come with easy to understand assembly manuals.
Optimal space available
Pioneer Steel buildings’ steel arch style maximizes the space available in your buildings as the interior is clear span and requires no truss, no beam and no post in construction. This alone could save up in the overall project costs and ensures easy conventional insulation solutions. Its customers also recognize the convenience in accessing the electrical wiring, drywall, plumbing systems, partitions, false ceilings, and heating and air-conditioning ducts.
Pioneer Steel buildings are versatile. The complexity of the designs is not an issue. There is no limit to the building possibilities. Whether it’s a traditional Quonset building or a straight-sided peaked roof building. They can also be designed as either permanent or portable structure as they are easily constructed.
Adding more arches to the building for extra length is not a problem at all. The use of a single nut and bolt system to fasten together with standard sized panels throughout the building process make this possible.
Pioneer Steel buildings have a wide selection of end walls to suit your needs. Whether it’s for complementing existing structures or extending your building, Pioneer Steel makes it more convenient for you.
Pioneer Steel buildings are uniquely designed to require less labor in the manufacturing and construction of the foundation.
What is Galvalume Plus?
Galvalume Plus, a steel coated with aluminum-zinc is manufactured by ArcelorMittal. Its corrosion and heat resistance capacities are similar to galvanized steel and their prices, too, are quite the same. Galvalume Plus, however, offers more advantages compared to galvanized steel at no additional cost.
They are as follows:
- Galvalume Plus’ corrosion resistance is at least twice that of traditional galvanized coating with the same coating thickness in most atmospheric environments. An exposure study by Bethlehem Steel found that Galvalume Plus coated steel outperformed galvanized by four times in a severe marine environment, six times in industrial environments and thrice in rural conditions.
- Galvalume Plus has better protection at cut edges.
- Lower energy load on buildings and enhanced interior comfort results to Galvalume Plus having a more outstanding heat reflectivity in an operating temperature up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Within this temperature range, you can expect a building which is cooler inside during summer.
- Galvalume Plus has a unique aesthetic, with smooth, fine spangle and silver metallic finish
- Galvalume Plus has a higher temperature resistance than galvanized steel. Steel coated with this material shows no discoloration up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Some form of discoloration and roughening may appear above this temperature, but it doesn’t reduce Galvalume Plus’s resistance to rust. Its resistance to rust is maintained up to 1,250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Galvalume Plus complements with almost all the recommended paints for galvanized steel. Just make sure the surface is dry and free of contaminants such as oil, grease, dirt, and dust. It doesn’t require any weathering period.
What makes Pioneer Steel stand out from the competition?
Pioneer Steel has a proven track record in the manufacture, design, and distribution of arch style steel buildings for over three decades. It bills itself as the longest-running manufacturer of a trussless steel building.
Pioneer Steel strictly adheres to on time delivery schedule. Most buildings it manufactured are ready for delivery within 2-3 weeks from the date of placing your order.
Pioneer Steel is the only metal building manufacturer which offers double lap construction along with both 18” and 24” roof and side wall panel designs.
How to order from Pioneer Steel?
There are three ways to place an order from Pioneer Buildings. You may contact Pioneer Steel through their hotline: 1-800-668-5422. Pioneer Steel’s Staff will be happy to assist you. A quote request form is also available online. You may click here. For faster processing, you may also visit their office.
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Quonset Hut Steel Buildings are suitable from residential to farming to commercial purposes. This type of building style is very popular for building a DIY workshop on your property. This style of building will have extreme versatility and you will enjoy the ease of assembly.
Steel Frame Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial, and smaller residential construction. There style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.