Get connected to Several Dealers!
Receive multiple free quotes from top Metal Building companies. Compare styles and prices to get the best steel building for you. It’s fast, easy, and free. Start now!
All you need to know about Morton Buildings
When talking about metal buildings, there’s no other name that you can trust, but Morton Buildings – a leader in the industry.
“Morton Buildings com” offers you virtually anything when it comes to housing improvement – from barns to sheds and to residential homes with living quarters. They are committed in its main push of providing affordable housing solutions. It guarantees, too, that all buildings are built to last.
Morton Buildings currently has construction centers in 38 states and completes around 6,000 projects in the U.S. every year.
How much do Morton Buildings cost?
Pricing and quotes are variable and not set in stone for a new Morton Building. They depend on various options that the company offers, including residential, farm, equestrian, commercial and community. Of course, each has its own price point. The total cost will be determined by the material additions or subtractions. You might want materials like concrete or gravel flooring, steel windows, double doors, etc.
The shell of the building has a flat rate for sure. This of course this is not disclosed on the company’s website. The cost doesn’t include the site where the building is intended to be built. It does not include sitework that needs to be done in preparing the land. This has a bearing to the pricing.
Once booking of a custom residential building is made online, a company’s representative will call you right away to help you through the purchase process.
Are Morton Buildings costly or cheap?
Buyers will always want to get the best price, of course. But as discussed above, there are various considerations that go into Morton Buildings’ price structure.
Here are sample basic figures for residential projects. This is how a Morton Building with living quarters is priced compared to a typical home.
- A ranch-style home that is 1800 sqft in size starts at $36 per sqft, or $63,700.
- A two-story shell that is 3000 sqft in size costs $67 per sqft or $202,000.
There are other options depending on your budget. Keep in mind that the total cost is dependent on the additions that you will make. If you wish to add an HVAC system, for instance, you will need to fork out several more hundred dollars.
The above figures are just the basic pricing for the ‘building’ per se. You will need extra bucks for the concrete (usually costs $5,000), interior walls (including insulation), and other finishing. Not to mention, prices again may vary depending on the contractor you will hire to do the finishing.
Prices for Morton Buildings are relatively costlier than other providers, but the quality of their materials is at par excellence. Hence, the assurance that you get what you pay for is strong. Note also that the company has actually cut their prices by 15-20% on average over the last three years.
What are the factors that go into the final price?
The ‘best price’ will always mean different things to a lot of different people. To help you with your building plans, it is best to consult a professional to get a general idea of the project cost. The pricing factors include the following:
- Features: Do you want a stainless steel capped self-drilling fasteners or galvanized girts, perhaps? As discussed above, the final cost depends on the additions that you will make.
- Scope of the Project: There are several experts that may be needed to finish a building product. These include electricians, plumbers and building inspectors. Sometimes, you may be advised to perform a technical engineering review. This will ensure the project will serve its purpose with optimum operation and minimal maintenance cost. Morton consultants can talk to you about the scope of the project. They also offer a turnkey construction.
- Size: Obviously, the bigger a building project is, the higher the overall price will be. This would mean more materials to be used and higher demand for workforce.
- Location: Location is a big cost influencer. Cost of transportation of equipment, tools, materials, and workmen increases with distance. Zoning issues as well as regulatory requirements in obtaining building codes and permits can sometimes be costly.
- Site: The condition of the site also needs to be considered. There are lots that require heavy preparation prior to construction. Factors include poor soil conditions, environmental sensitivity, material contamination, conflicting utilities, and heavy traffic.
These can affect final metal building cost. A sales consultant may need to visit the site for analysis. These price factors are needed to consider how much you would actually need to build your home. It is also advisable that you would allot at least a 10% contingency fund for unseen costs, including inflation.
What are the accountability options that Morton Buildings offer?
Morton Buildings provide several options to choose from depending on your budget.
- Single Source – This option is considered a turnkey construction. Morton Buildings is the sole entity in charge for all the intricate details. They will coordinate and oversee the contractors and subcontractors. This is the most expensive option. This is perfect for those who avoid dealing with contractors to complete the project.
- Split Source – This option will pay less to Morton Buildings. Construction companies will need to be enlisted to get the job done is a requirement. Morton Buildings will provide you with the insulated building shell, but a general contractor will have to complete the finishing.
- Customer Source – This is the cheapest option. It may involve a lot of risk because you will have dozens of contractors to do the interior walls and other finishing.
It is important to decide wisely on what accountability option to use as it too will affect your financing options. While the single source may appear like the most expensive option, consider its advantages. All the hard work will completed by a single company that saves you from the hassle of juggling with different contractors. Also, it is easier to secure financing for the single source, rather than a customer source accountability option.
Compare & Contrast Your Morton Building Prices
There is nothing like reliable service that a trustworthy company can provide. This type of service is lost in many of steel manufacturing companies whom rely on dealers for their expansion. But not with Morton Buildings. Morton Buildings provides service that is unequaled by any other steel manufacturer in the market today. What makes the company different is that each office comes under the direct supervision of the company itself. This ensures the best products and a quality of customer service that caters especially to the needs of every client. Clients seek to build with Morton steel buildings year after year. The company never fails to leave thousands of satisfied customers wherever it is.
Quality and Reliability of Morton Steel Buildings
The quality and reliability of Morton steel buildings comes from more than a hundred years of unbroken service. The company is unique in that it uses post-frame construction to reinforce buildings. With the advantages of metal, buildings erected are more durable and can last longer than all-wood alternatives. Morton can guide you through the projects from start to finish. They provide expert advice and the know-how to ensure the structure withstands all types of conditions for years.
Experts staff Morton Buildings who are ready to provide their service. They will establish a relationship with you to build your project. The company can tap from a number of professionals ranging from installers to plumbers, electricians, ventilation experts and others. Using Morton Steel Buildings, you won’t have to go through a number of contractors to erect your metal building. They also guarantee the type of quality expected of a company with such a long service history.