Inland Buildings (IBS), a subsidiary of Schulte Building Systems Co., has been on the market for over 60 years producing top of the line custom concept systems constructed buildings. It is amongst the largest companies in the steel building sector in terms of sales volume.
Operating under a single source supplier scheme, the company founded in 1910 delivers wide-ranging types of low-rise buildings designed and fabricated in their own facility in Cullman Alabama. The facility expands 40,000 square feet (sqft) of office space and over 200,000 sqft. of storage and manufacturing space. As of to date, Inland Buildings has supplied prefabricated structures to all the fifty states and in over 30 countries worldwide. Some of its biggest customers in the past and currently are Ford Motor Co., Federal Express, Standard Oil, Kimberly-Clark, Anheuser-Busch, Armed Forces of the United States, and Georgia-Pacific.
Inland Buildings humble beginnings
Inland Buildings was formerly under the management of Inland Steel Corp (ISC) and was originally headquartered in Deerfield Illinois. The manufacturing facility was moved to Cullman, Alabama shortly after Inland Steel was merged with Ryerson Corp., to create a new company called Inland Ryerson (INRYCO). The transfer was made possible through significant assistance received from the Cullman, Alabama Industrial Development Board. From 1974 to 1986, Inland Buildings operated as INRYCO until Inland Steel decided to venture into the steel building manufacturing business. It was acquired by financial group Dubin and Clark in 1986.
Several other changes in the company’s structure that happened thereafter has led to where Inland Buildings is today. In 1993, a group of private investors and highly experienced steel building professionals founded an Alabama corporation. Tapping the assistance of Cullman, Alabama Industrial Development Board once again, the facility of IBS was expanded to meet its growing demand. Three years after, the Alabama corporation was acquired by Nebraska-based Behlen Manufacturing Co. It has led the company into unprecedented growth until it was purchased by Schulte Building Systems in September 2008.
What does Inland Buildings Offer?
- Premium Wall and Roof Finishes
- Aesthetically Pleasing Wall Panel Profiles
- Crane Systems
- Doors, Windows, Vents, Skylights, etc.
- Mansards, Facades, Parapets
- Architectural Standing Seam Roof System
- Economical Through-Fastened Roof System
- State-of-the-Art Trapezoidal Rib Standing Seam Roof System
- Mezzanine Systems
Where are Inland Building System’s product line mostly used for?
- Commercial Facilities
- Industrial Facilities
- Athletic Facilities
- Municipal Facilities
- Retail Establishments
- Self Storage
What structural systems does Inland Building System offer?
Inland Buildings has various structural systems to choose from depending on your project requirement. All the welding and related operations are performed by IBS using the latest structural welding code editions.
The choices are as follows:
- Gabled clear span system – this is ideal for structures requiring wide, open spaces.
- Gable multi-span system – this is among the most economical solution for manufacturing or mixed used facilities like distribution centers and warehouses.
- Single slope clear span system – this is perfect for additions and for structures requiring smaller clear span like office and retail facilities.
- Single slope multi-span system – this is ideal for manufacturing, office and commercial applications.
- Lean-to system – this is a cost-effective solution if you want to expand new or existing building systems.
What roof systems are available at Inland Buildings?
You may choose from the following options:
• Purlin Bearing Leg (PBR) – similar to the DR Panel, the PBR provides for a neat, clean lap. The panel has a UL90 wind uplift rating and provides a full 36-inch coverage. It can be painted or coated with Galvalume and can be made of 24 gauge or 26 gauge steel.
• TS-324 Standing Seam Roof System – this is proven to provide superior protection from heavy wind and extreme weather conditions under all roof loading conditions. It comes in three seaming versions. First is the roll-and-lock seam which is accomplished through hand seaming the seam at every clip.
The second version is the triple lock seam where an electric seamer is required in seaming the entire seam. The last version is the Quadri-Lock seam that is ideal for use in severely windy areas. Uplift loads of 64 PSF to 120 PSF is allowable. A specialized electric seamer can boost its strength.
• VS-216 (VERTICAL SYSTEM) standing seam panel – its seaming methods and seam geometry provide virtual assurance that it can withstand all extreme weather conditions at a low cost.
What wall panels does Inland Buildings offer?
You choose between the PBR Panel or the A Panel. The first option is unbeatable in terms of economy and versatility. Aside from wall panel applications, it can also be used as an accent panel or partition. It comes either in a 24 or 26 gauge steel and provides 36 inches coverage. It is available in Hylar 5000, Fluoropolymer Kynar 550, Silicone Polyester (SMP), or galvalume coating.
The A Panels can also function similar to the PBR Panel and can also provide 35 inches coverage. The difference though is that it has major ribs at 12 inches on-center providing a striking shadow line for crisp outside appearance. Moreover, it comes standard in 26 gauge steel only. It is also available in various coating materials as discussed above.
What are the warranties being offered by the Inland Building Systems?
- One year workmanship and material warranty on all its steel building systems.
- 20-year panel material warranty
- 20-year panel finish warranty
- TS324 / VS216 Standing Seam Roof Weathertightness Warranties: Limited Weathertightness Warranty and Premium Weathertightness Warranty.
How to Place an order at Inland Building Systems?
On your next project, you may contact IBS at 800-438-1606 or you may send them a message to their e-mail address. You may direct your call to the Inland Estimating Department to request an estimate from your District Manager. You can also fax them at is 1-800-538-8411.
The last option and probably the easiest is requesting for a quick quote online by simply filling out a form asking you basic details about your project such as building type, building size, and building location. You can expect that a company representative will call you immediately.
To help you plan financially, IBS also offers credit loans. A downloadable form is also available online if you wish to apply.
Inland Building’s affiliation with the Metal Building Manufacturers Association guarantees that the company is up-to-date with the latest codes and standards. In addition to that, the company is AISC category MB certified which assures that every project is uncompromising from the start of the process to the presentation of the final product.
One can expect nothing but the best from Inland Buildings, and these buildings are assured to stand the test of time.
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.