An 80 x 120 Metal Building is a large structure that can be used for a variety of purposes. This article will list the possible uses for a steel structure of this size, its advantages, and the cost it might entail.
Uses of an 80 x 120 Metal Building
As mentioned, this structure covers a large area. That makes it ideal for several purposes. What makes a steel structure ideal for large spaces is the fact that these buildings require fewer supporting columns than concrete or maybe even a wooden structure. That means its interiors are largely open and free inside.
The large and open space means that the users are free to move around inside when they want to. This makes it ideal for purposes like commercial spaces, storage, warehouses, and others.
An 80 x 120 Metal Building can be used for the following purposes in particular:
- Warehouse – A building of this size can be effectively used as a warehouse where materials can be stored. Because of the large open space inside, more materials can be stored and equipment, such as a forklift can move freely inside.
- Light Aircraft Hangar – This building can be used effectively for storing small aircraft. It will allow mechanics to move around freely when they are doing maintenance work for the plane.
- Auto Repair Shop – A large auto repair shop needs a lot of space. There should be enough space for multiple vehicles. The mechanics should have enough space to move around when they must. There should also be enough space for storing spare parts and all the tools.
- Retail Space – A retail space should have enough area to allow a lot of merchandise to be displayed. It should also let buyers move freely around the merchandise and find the items that they need.
- Office Space – An office space should be comfortable enough for the people who will be working inside> With modern insulation, a steel building can be turned in an effective office space.
These are just some of the purposes that a steel building can be used for. As you can see, it is a versatile structure.
Debunking Myths about Metal Buildings
There are a few myths about mental buildings that need to be debunked. These myths might hold you back from taking advantage of the advantages that you can get from this type of structure:
Myth #1: Metal Buildings Are More Expensive
Some people think that 80 x 120 Metal Building are way more expensive than other types of buildings and that is why they shy away from choosing steel buildings. What they don’t know is that a metal building can actually be cheaper to build compared to a structure of the same size that’s made from a different material.
Myth #2: Metal Buildings Are Not Energy Efficient
This might seem like commonsense, after all, steel is a conductor. It will allow heat or cold to escape. What others don’t know is that steel buildings allow for more high-quality insulating materials to be placed on the walls. That can make the building more energy-efficient than even a wooden structure.
Myth #3: Metal Buildings Are Noisy
Without insulating materials, metal buildings can really be noisy because sound can travel through its walls, but with modern insulation, the interior of a steel building can be turned into a sound-poof space. In fact, some people now use metal buildings as residential spaces and they can completely block out the noise coming from the outside.
Myth #4: Steel Buildings Can Expand
This is true; metal buildings will expand, and contract based on the temperature. What is not true is that the expansion and contraction will cause damage to the building. The designers of steel buildings take the expansion and contraction of the structure into account when they are designing it. They make sure that it will not cause a problem to the integrity of the building.
These are just a few of the myths that you should be aware of 80 x 120 Metal Building. When you do enough research, you can really get to the bottom of things. This is one example of that. You can really discover that metal buildings are your top choice.
Cost of a 80 x 120 Metal Building
Now, you might be wondering about the cost of an 80 x 120 Metal Building. With an area of 9,600 square feet, you get a lot of space for this type of structure. Because it’s such a large space, you can expect this building to be costly.
Overall, however, a 80 x 120 Metal Building of this size should meet all your needs. It should provide adequate space that you may need.
Internet discussion of a 80 X 120 Metal Building
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.