60 x 150 Metal Building – Prefabricated metal buildings offer more cost-saving opportunities than other traditional structures. They are designed using lighter cross-sections and higher strength steel than conventionally framed buildings.
The optimized tapered 60 x 150 Metal Building frames and the strength and efficiency of the lightweight roof and wall framing require less material. Hybrid structures which incorporate other building materials such as tilt-up walls can be designed to take advantage of the benefits of metal building systems.
60′ x 150′ metal buildings, for instance, will provide you with a generous 9,000 square feet clear space at a lower price. Not to mention, they are custom-fit according to your project needs and are built to last. This particular size will be suitable for the following purposes:
- Large Retail Space
- Multi-Bay Aircraft Hangar
- Manufacturing Shop
- Church Sanctuary
- Warehouse and Storage
How much does a 60 x 150 metal building cost?
Speaking of affordability, custom-designed 60 x 150 Metal Building only cost around $5.75 to $6.5. That only translates to a building kit you can have for only $5,750 to $58,500!
Note though that this is a pre-shipping price estimate and assumes that the building will be erected in a non-snow area with standard and low wind speeds. The total cost should also consider special design conditions and local code requirements.
What are the Myths about Metal Buildings?
Despite the popularity of metal buildings, various myths are surrounding them. They are misperceptions that have spilt over from the Quonset hut days. Some of them are as follows:
- Will a metal building limit your flexibility? – Every 60 x 150 Metal Building is unique and customized to the needs of each owner. Each can incorporate virtually any dimension, so meeting a company’s special needs is not a high priced add-on. A metal building structural system provides maximum flexibility to create a variety of floorplan configurations. Squares, rectangles and more column-free interior space allow complete freedom in the design of showrooms offices, retail space, and so much more. In addition, the steel spans of a metal framing system are designed to easily reconfigure building areas allowing quick accommodation for changes in function ownership, equipment and regulations. Ease of expansion can be built right into the original design, mechanical additions and interior electrical layout alternatives are also feasible because of the framing advantages.
- Will they limit your creativity? – Absolutely not! Metal buildings often receive design awards in addition to traditional metal panels. The exteriors can be clad in almost any material including brick, precast concrete stone, wood, aluminum, or glass on the interior. Metal buildings provide easy adaptability with the steel spans allowing for creative and interchangeable interior designs.
- Do metal buildings have climate limitations? – Not at all! Metal buildings can be designed for the environmental loads that are specified in the governing code or any other specified loading that may be pertinent to a project. What distinguishes this type of construction today is its surprising aesthetic variety due to the flexibility allowed through different combinations of a system’s basic elements, and then there are zoning ordinances. Because today’s metal buildings offer so many options for exterior facades zoning, boards have changed with the times. In fact, zoning boards are now approving and permitting metal building systems for all types of end-use applications
- Is tilt-up concrete construction compatible with metal buildings? – Of course! The use of steel framing in a building does not rule out using concrete walls in large or sophisticated projects. Different raw materials and construction methods are frequently used together. For example, a large steel office building or retail center may use tilt-wall concrete for exterior facades or masonry block walls as interior fire separation walls. A distribution center might use concrete blocks, but add a steel roofing system and a rigid frame similar to what a traditional metal building would use.
With a 60 x 150 Metal Building, what can’t you do from office buildings to health care clinics to retail stores and manufacturing, the options are limited only by the creative skill of the architect.
Why it’s wise to invest in metal building systems?
In summary, metal building systems have tremendous advantages over conventional forms of construction that provide total design flexibility. They are faster in all stages of the project from design and fabrication to job site delivery material staging and construction.
Last but not least 60 x 150 Metal Building are a sustainable solution that can meet the most stringent project specifications required by US GBC or green globes, and the industry has documented its performance through industry-wide environmental product declaration. Most studies have shown that metal building systems will have a life expectancy of 40 to 50 years long outlasting conventional structures which average 10 to 15 years.
When considering the environment, you may not know that steel is the most recycled material on the planet and that a typical 60 x 150 Metal Building is produced from between 50 and 55 percent recycled steel. Also, recycled steel production requires significantly less energy than conventional steel production.
Internet discussion of a 60 x 150 Metal Building
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.