60 X 120 Metal Building – When you need a large equipment shed or a warehouse, you should consider getting a steel building. A 60 X 120 metal building for example can provide all of your needs. It would be the ideal structure for you. This article will look into the things that you can get when you choose a metal building.
There are several building materials that are available now, but why should you choose metal? There’s a lot of reasons why you should choose metal as the material for your building. One of the main ones is because of its durability. Out of all the materials used for construction, steel, which is the most common metal used for construction, has the highest tensile strength.
The tensile strength refers to the amount of force required to break or bend a material. So, a material with a high tensile strength would require a great deal of force to break. When used in a building, steel lends its high tensile strength to the structure, giving it a durability that cannot be found in other types of buildings.
It’s not surprising that a lot of designers turn to steel when they want the building that they are designing to be strong and capable of handling a lot of punishment while staying lightweight at the same time. It’s not easy to achieve that. You need to have the right material and steel is that material.
Problems with Other Building Materials
Perhaps the best way that we can highlight the usefulness and the strength of steel as a building material is by pointing out the problems with wood and the other materials used for building. Here are some of the issues that you may encounter with wood:
- Shrinkage – Wood contains a great deal of moisture. When they were still part of a tree, wood is actually soaked in moisture. When used for building, wood is treated and dried but when it becomes exposed to moisture again, wood will have the tendency to swell. When it becomes dried, it also has the opposite tendency which is to shrink.
- Pests – Termites feed off the wood. And when they infest a building, they can cause enormous damage within a very short period. While wood can be treated with chemicals during construction to prevent termite infestation, it does not remove the possibility completely. There is still that chance. Also, wood is prone to fungi infestation as well. That can cause damage as well.
- Fire – Perhaps the biggest problem that you have to face with a wooden structure is the danger of fire. A wholly wooden structure can burn down to the ground within a short period. This can be a real problem when you are using the structure to store important items.
- Maintenance – Because of the unique qualities of wood, it requires careful maintenance on your part. You really have to take care of the structure and make sure that it is protected properly from the elements. Wood may have to be repainted regularly, especially in the exterior to make sure it can handle exposure to the elements.
These are some of the issues that you will encounter when you’re dealing with a wooden building.
Additional Steel Building Advantages
As mentioned earlier, steel is the strongest of the common building materials used now. But here are additional reasons why you should really consider steel for your 60 X 120 Metal Building:
- Low Cost – Compared to what it would cost you to build a structure made from other materials, it’s cheaper to use steel. That’s because steel buildings are prefabricated. That means they are made in factories and will just have to be assembled on the site. That translates to lower building costs.
- Better Insulation – The deep wall cavities found in 60 X 120 Metal Building are ideal for the placement of insulating materials. That means a metal building can now be used as an office or maybe even as a residential space since it can be made very comfortable.
- Fast Assembly – Assembling the sections of a metal building is a lot faster than building a wooden structure from scratch. With skilled help, it can be done within a short period and you can have your building in no time at all.
These are just a few of the additional reasons why a 60 X 120 Metal Building should be your choice.
Now, you might be wondering, how much does a 60 X 120 metal building cost? The cost will vary but you can expect to be between $40,000 and $43,000. The designers will have to factor in the location and the conditions there so you can expect the price to go up if there are strong winds there since the building would need more support.
Those are the things that you should know about a 60 X 120 metal building. What are you waiting for? Get the right 60 X 120 Metal Building now that matches your needs for your property.
Internet discussion of a 60 X 120 Metal Building
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.