What will you be getting with a 60 X 100 metal building? This article will give you some insights into what a steel building of this size can provide. We will also touch upon the pricing of this building size.
Benefits of Getting a 60 X 100 Metal Building
If you are considering building a 60 X 100 metal structure on your property, then you should be wondering about the benefits that you can get out of it. There are several distinct advantages that it can offer. Here are a few of those:
- Lower Cost – As a property owner, this might be the biggest advantage of a steel building that you can get. Erecting a steel building is cheaper because it comes prefabricated. Most of the work needed on it has already been done in the plants of the companies that supply the structure. Think of steel buildings as giant toy sets that need to be put together. All that needs to be done is to have them assembled and you will have your building ready. Obviously, assembling completed sections of a building is a lot faster than erecting a structure from scratch.
- More Durable – A metal structure is far more durable than a building that’s made from wood. It can last far longer and it will not rot like wood. Also, it is not prone to damages caused by pests like termites. The steel used in buildings today is designed to withstand adverse weather conditions. They are also coated chemically so rust should not be a problem. So, when you go for a metal building, you can expect it to last for a long time.
- Lower Insurance Rates – Because a steel building is more durable and less prone to damages and problems that would affect other types of structures, insurance companies usually give lower rates for them. That can lead to substantial savings in the long run which you cannot ignore.
- Recyclable Materials – We are jumping ahead a bit here but this is a really important benefit offered by steel buildings. When the steel structure has reached the end of its useful life and it has to be replaced and torn down, the steel can be recycled and reused. That’s important for those who are concerned about the environment.
- You Can Sell Scrap Steel – This is related to the recycling of the steel used in a building that has been torn down. Keep in mind that steel can be sold. So, in a way, you can get some value out of the old building. Steel can fetch a good price in the market. While you may not recover the full price of what you have spent in building the structure, that’s still better than nothing.
- Better Insulation – Yes, surprisingly, you can get better insulation with a steel structure. While metal is a poor insulating material, a steel structure has deep cavities that allow for the installation of high-quality insulating material. That’s why metal buildings can provide better overall insulation. It’s the same thing with noise insulation. While a metal building on its own will not cancel out the noise from the outside. With modern insulation, the noise from the outside cannot get inside.
- Versatility – Metal buildings are also very versatile and they can be used for a variety of purposes. While they are used for storages and barns in the past, modern steel structures are now being used for offices and residences. They can be turned into very comfortable spaces. A steel building is also easy to transform for use from one purpose into another.
These are just some of the benefits that you can get from a metal building. Now, some are hesitant to use because of a few existing ideas about metal structures. For example, a lot of people think that steel buildings are prone to contracting and expanding because of temperature.
It is true that metal will expand because of the temperature but engineers who design metal buildings factor the expansion when they design a structure so that should not affect the building in any way.
If you hear a bad thing about a metal building, better do your own research to find the truth behind it.
How Much Does a 60 X 100 Metal Building Cost?
Now that you know all the benefits of a 60 X 100 metal building all that’s left is to figure out if you can afford it. A building of this size will have an area of 6,000 square feet. That is a large space which should be enough for:
- Office Spaces
- Retail Spaces
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Basketball Courts
You can expect a 60 X 100 Metal Building of that size to cost from $34,000 to $38,000. Keep in mind that does not include the cost of assembling the structure. So, that would be an additional cost.
Internet discussion of a 60 X 100 Metal Building
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Quonset Hut Steel Buildings are suitable from residential to farming to commercial purposes. This type of building style is very popular for building a DIY workshop on your property. This style of building will have extreme versatility and you will enjoy the ease of assembly.
Steel Frame Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial, and smaller residential construction. There style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.