50 x 50 Metal Building – Prefabricated steel buildings provide real estate owners with the chance to customize a structure faster and cheaper. A 50×50 metal building offers a 2,500 square feet space to custom-built with the following purposes:
- Athletic Facilities
- Small Aircraft Hangars
- Office Spaces
- Backyard Workshops
- And More!
How much does a 50 x 50 Metal Building Cost?
How much is the real cost to build my pre-engineered steel building? This is an excellent question that all customers should be asking instead of just how much the steel building’s purchase price. There are several things to consider when accounting for your actual cost of construction pre-engineered steel building.
Metal buildings are also very easy on your pocket as they are basically designed for owners to get the most out of steel qualities. A 50 x 50 metal building is usually priced from $19,900 to $22,500.00 or around $7.96 to $9 per square foot. Note that these are estimated pre-shipping costs and assuming the structure is meant to be erected in non-snow regions with typical, light wind speeds. Any special design requirement or local code guidelines may also affect the total cost.
Following is a list of the expenses which will factor into your total cost
- Purchase of land. Do you already own the land or have to purchase or lease it?
- Building permits for each stage of building. You may need a permit, including foundation, electricity plumbing, etc. Electricity permits will be needed for running wires, breaker boxes, and other things. Plumbing items you need to consider are pipes, sewage, drains, toilets, etc. Check with your city and/or municipality for details on permits you will need.
- Land preparation. This includes clearing, grading, and getting the land level.
- Foundation. Generally, there are three options which are (a) piers, (b) perimeter foundation without a concrete slab, or (c) a perimeter foundation with a concrete slab. Ask your salesperson for help in making this decision if you are unsure.
- Delivery of the building. You’ll want to know how much the building weighs and the cost of delivering it.
- Walls. Most metal buildings come with arches only, but some come with walls.
- Finishing. Contractors may need to hire outside trades or a contractor for specialty finishing or other work outside of the steel building company’s expertise, depending on your building’s specifications. This can include drywall painting, special outer coverings, or finishes.
- Insulation. Depending on your building style, location, and use will dictate what type and how much of a particular installation you will need. Suppose you choose to have insulation. Regardless of use, a metal building is recommended to have fiberglass blanket insulation as it can help you save hundreds to thousands of dollars in energy costs. This type of insulation is very easy to install during building erection. The cost you may need to insulate a 50×50 building with fiberglass is around $3,000 to $3,500.
- Furnishings. Depending on the building use, you will need things like office, desks, chairs, sofas, security system, equipment, lighting, etc.
- Property taxes. You may be paying additional taxes as a result of having a steel structure. You should check with your local authorities or tax agencies to inquire about this information.
- Miscellaneous course. This can include extras like door locks, window treatments, etc.
- Taxes on the purchase. Buying online can save you a lot of money on sales tax. Ask your salesperson where exactly they are located.
- Construction of the building. Time has a value, and you need to determine who is constructing your building and what their time is worth. Even your own time, your friends’ time, and your family’s time, and if needed, steel building construction specialist’s time.
- Doors. You may or may not have doors included with the purchase of your building.
How to start figuring out what you need for your 50 x 50 metal building?
Now you can figure out the numbers for all these items and add them to your initial building price to get your total cost. If you need just a basic place, start for a pricing idea, and you can start with these three basic pieces of information: building type, size, and sales price.
This type of information can be found on the company’s website or advertisements. Where not all this information is provided, you may need just to contact the 50 x 50 Metal Building company directly to get the missing piece of information.
It is recommended that you make as detailed a list as possible everything you will need to make your 50 x 50 Metal Building function down to every chair, desk, light, etc. Once you have your master list for everything you need, you can then retrieve estimates of the cost from all those items from stores like Home Depot once you have your building price and your items quotes at ten to fifteen percent to the final cost to get your real cost.
Internet discussion of 50 x 50 Metal Buildings
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.