This article will go over the benefits of a 40 x 80 metal building. We will also discuss its cost and whether it is a good investment for you.
Uses of a 40 x 80 Metal BuildingFirst of all, why should you even consider getting a 40 x 80 steel structure? This kind of building can be used for several purposes:
- Auto Repair
- Office Space
- Recreational Space
Why Go Metal?Perhaps you’re not convinced yet that a metal building is the best option for your needs. You might be wondering if wood is a better building material to go for. Here are just a few of the disadvantages of wood as a building material:
- Wood is prone to shrinking and swelling. Keep in mind that when the wood was still part of a tree it contained a lot of moisture, once it has become part of a structure, it may lose more moisture if it has not been dried properly which will cause it to shrink. At the same time, it can also be affected by swelling when it absorbs too much water.
- Some insects can digest wood, particularly termites. A termite infestation can cause a great deal of damage in a very short period. Fungi can also infest wooden structures and would require expensive cleaning.
- Woods are combustible. There are chemical treatments that can be used on wood to reduce its combustibility but generally speaking it is easy to catch fire. There is a good chance of a wooden structure burning down to the ground once it catches fire.
- It requires a great deal of skill and expertise to build a wooden structure. You would need a skilled carpenter and a lot of help to build one. It may also take a long while, depending on the size of the building to finish one.
- Steel buildings are very durable. Steel has the highest tensile strength of all the common building materials. That means steel would require the greatest amount of force to break and destroy. This type of structure can withstand adverse weather conditions and other situations that a wooden structure cannot take.
- Steel building offers the ease by which you can alter and expand it. Take a 40 X 80 metal building for example. Let’s say that you want to expand it and make something bigger. All you have to do is to open one end connect the extension because everything is prefabricated.
- Steel structures are really designed to make them easily expandable. One major benefit of a 40 x 80 Metal Building that draws a lot of property owners to it is the speed of assembly that it offers. Unlike other forms of structure that takes a while to put together, a steel building only requires to be assembled. Most of the work in creating it will be done in the factory and all you have to do is to piece the parts together. So, if you’re in a hurry to get your building erected, you should choose a steel structure.
- Metal buildings are cost-effective too. This stems from the fact that these 40 x 80 Metal Building require less labor to be erected. Also, you can save money on a steel building in the long run since they require less maintenance compared to a wooden structure.
- A metal building can be energy efficient. Yes, that’s right, a 40 x 80 Metal Building can be energy efficient provided modern insulation is installed in it. Without modern insulation, the heat and cold can escape a steel structure easily but when it is covered all around with insulation, no material can be as effective.
Cost of a 40 x 80 Metal BuildingSo, how much does a 40 x 80 metal building cost? A building of this size will cover 3,200 square feet. That’s a relatively large space that can serve several purposes. You can expect it to cost from $23,000 and $25,000. The metal building cost may vary depending on the customizations you may want for your building. These are just some of the things that you should know when you choose a 40 X 80 metal building.
Internet discussion of a 40 X 80 Metal BuildingForum #1 Forum #2
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Compare Steel Buildings Prices and save up to 30%!
Lets Get Started.