40 x 80 Metal Building. This article will go over the benefits of a 40 x 80 metal building. We will also discuss its cost and whether it is a good investment for you. What draws a lot of property owners to it is the speed of assembly. Steel prefab buildings go up quicker than traditional buildings.
Uses of a 40×80 Metal Building
First of all, why should you even consider getting a 40 x 80 steel structure? This kind of building can be used for several purposes on residential or commercial property:
- Auto Repair
- Office Space
- Recreational Space
As you can see, it’s a very versatile size for a structure and it owes that mainly to its large open interior. The uses for this size of a metal building are not limited to the ones listed here. As long as it requires a large open space, a 40 x 80 is well-suited for it.
Why Go Metal?
Perhaps you’re not convinced yet that a metal prefab building is the best option for your needs. You might be wondering if wood is a better building material to go for. Here are just a few of the disadvantages of wood as a building material:
Wood is prone to shrinking and swelling
Keep in mind that when the wood was still part of a tree it contained a lot of moisture, once it has become part of a structure, it may lose more moisture if it has not been dried properly which will cause it to shrink. At the same time, it can also be affected by swelling when it absorbs too much water.
Some insects can digest wood, particularly termites
A termite infestation can cause a great deal of damage in a very short period. Fungi can also infest wooden structures and would require expensive cleaning.
Woods are combustible
There are chemical treatments that can be used on wood to reduce its combustibility but generally speaking it is easy to catch fire. There is a good chance of a wooden structure burning down to the ground once it catches fire.
It requires a great deal of skill and expertise to build a wooden structure
You would need a skilled carpenter and a lot of help to build one. It may also take a long while, depending on the size of the building to finish one.
These are just some of the issues that you will face when you choose a wooden building. You will have none of these problems when you choose a metal prefab building.
Advantages of Metal Buildings
Here are some of the benefits that you can get with a steel building:
Steel buildings are very durable
Steel has the highest tensile strength of all the common building materials. That means steel would require the greatest amount of force to break and destroy. This can withstand adverse weather conditions and other situations that a wooden structure cannot take.
Steel building offers the ease by which you can alter and expand it
Take a 40 X 80 metal building for example. Let’s say that you want to expand it and make something bigger. All you have to do is to open one end and connect the extension because everything is prefabricated.
Need An Architect For Your Metal Building? Compare Architect Prices and Save!
Simplify your research by letting us do the work for you.
Steel structures are designed to make them easily expandable
One major benefit of a 40 x 80 Metal Building that draws a lot of property owners to it is the speed of assembly that it offers. Unlike other forms of steel buildings that take a while to put together, a steel building only requires to be assembled. Most of the work in creating it will be done in the factory and all you have to do is to piece the parts together. So, if you’re in a hurry to get your building erected, you should choose a steel structure.
Pre-engineered metal buildings are cost-effective too
This stems from the fact that these 40×80 metal prefab buildings require less labor to be erected. Also, you can save money on a steel building in the long run since they require less maintenance compared to wood.
A steel building can be energy efficient
Yes, that’s right, a 40 x 80 steel building can be energy efficient provided modern insulation is installed in it. Without modern insulation, the heat and cold can escape steel easily but when it is covered all around with insulation, no material can be as effective.
These are just some of the things that you can get with steel and why it’s such a popular choice.
Cost – 40 x 80 Metal Building Prices
So, how much does a 40 x 80 metal building price? A building of this size will cover 3,200 square feet. That’s a relatively large space that can serve several purposes. You can expect it to cost from $23,000 and $25,000. Metal building prices may vary depending on the customizations you may want for your building. These are just some of the things that you should know when you choose a metal prefab building.
Factors affecting steel building prices may include:
- Size – The larger the size of your building, the higher the price.
- The degree or level of customizations you want to have in your building – If you want a customized design for your metal prefab building, expect to pay more for it. A vertical roof, for example, will cost you more.
- The accessories that come with your metal prefab building – If you want a deck, a custom door, and some other add-ons on your building expect to pay more.
- Location – The price of 40 x 80 metal buildings varies depending on the location. A unit made in one city may be priced higher than a unit made in another city.
- Time-frames – This is the least important factor but some people consider it important. If you need something quick, expect to pay more for your metal storage since it will be ordered on an urgent basis and built faster than regular orders.
- Steel Building Accessories – There are additional elements that could be added to your metal building which will increase the cost. A walk-in door, for instance, increases the price of your building by $150. Adding garage doors, windows, a metal roof, and installation of insulation adds to the total quote.
- Materials and Coatings – Different materials will have different costs and coating your metal prefab building can also add to the overall price of it. A concrete pad, for instance, costs $750.
- Delivery Options – It is best to choose a delivery option that provides you with the maximum amount of savings.
Internet discussion of a 40×80 Metal Building
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Compare Quonset Hut Prices and Save!
Quonset Hut Steel Buildings are suitable from residential to farming to commercial purposes. This type of building style is very popular for building a DIY workshop on your property. This style of building will have extreme versatility and you will enjoy the ease of assembly.
Compare Steel Framed Prices and Save!
Steel Frame Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial, and smaller residential construction. There style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.