Do you need a building for your retail store? Are you planning on building a new barn? You should think about using a 40 X 120 metal building. This type of building can meet most of the needs that you have. Before we go into the details of the 40 X 20 metal building, we need to look into the different reasons why steel buildings have become the popular choice among property owners.
Why a Metal Building?
Here are a few of the advantages of metal buildings:
- You can get lower insurance rates for steel buildings – Yes, you can get a lower insurance rate for a 40 X 120 metal building compared to a wooden structure of the same size. That’s because a metal building can resist damage more effectively than other types of structures. Because of that insurance companies will offer considerable discounts for metal buildings.
- Energy Savings – Does this seem surprising? Some people think that metal buildings are not energy efficient. On their own, they’re not. Steel is a good conductor, so it can lose heat and cold quite easily but when the high-quality installation is installed, it can prevent the loss of heat and cold. That in turn can lead to a lot of savings. Because pre-engineered metal buildings have deep cavities in the walls, that means more room for thicker insulation to be placed. Installing modern insulation on a steel building can lead to a 50% reduction in energy costs.
- Low Maintenance Requirements – Another major benefit of choosing a steel exterior is that it will not require repainting too often as compared to wooden buildings. Once the metal building is up, it’s not going to need a new paint job too often. When you have a wooden building, another major maintenance job that you have to do is to watch out for termite and other pest control. A termite infestation can cause a lot of damage in a short time span which is why regular checking is needed. There is no need for that with a wooden building.
- Less Chance of Foundation Problem – You need to consider the long term effects of your choice when you are choosing a building. One benefit of picking a metal building is that you will have fewer foundation problems later on. A 40 x 120 Metal Building requires fewer pieces for the framing, which translates to a lighter weight. In the long run, the foundation will have fewer problems because of that.
- Metal Buildings Can Retain Value – All building types will lose value in the long run but metal buildings can retain their value for longer than other types. So, if you will have to sell the structure, eventually, you can still get a good price for it.
- Steel Is Recyclable – At the end of the useful life of the 40 x 120 Metal Building, you can tear down the structure and sell the steel at a good price. While you can also sell the wood from an old wooden structure, it’s not very valuable.
These are just some of the reasons why choosing a metal building is going to be a good idea for you.
Common False Ideas About Metal Buildings
One reason why some people are hesitant to pick a 40 x 120 Metal Building is because of the wrong ideas that are quite common about it. Here are just a few false ideas about these types of structure that you should not believe:
- Metal Buildings Can Interfere with Signals – Some people think that steel buildings can interfere with signals like cellphone signals, WIFI, and radio signals. That’s the main reason why they are hesitant to use metal because it might interfere with the way they do business or with their work. The truth is that a 40 x 120 Metal Building does not interfere with signals. In this regard, they are just like wooden structures.
- Metal Buildings Are Limited in Design – Some people think that metal buildings are rather limited in design. In reality, the properties of steel make it easy for designers to come up with new ideas for buildings that are unique.
- Metal Buildings Cost More – Others are hesitant to use metal buildings because they believe they are more expensive. The truth is that steel buildings are far more cost-effective than more traditional types of buildings. Because they require less labor to erect, they will cost less to build.
Cost of a 40 x 120 Metal Building
So, a metal building is a great choice but how much will cost you?
Let’s take a 40 x 120 Metal Building. This building has a floor area of 4,800 square feet. That should be enough space for:
- Commercial spaces
- Small warehouses
- Manufacturing facilities
- School buildings
- and Office spaces.
It’s a very versatile building size that can accommodate changes later on to upgrade it. You can expect a metal building of this size to cost you anywhere from $30,00 to $33,000. So, what are you waiting for? Start thinking about the kind of metal building that you will be getting.
Internet discussion of a 40 X 120 Metal Building:
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Quonset Hut Steel Buildings are suitable from residential to farming to commercial purposes. This type of building style is very popular for building a DIY workshop on your property. This style of building will have extreme versatility and you will enjoy the ease of assembly.
Steel Frame Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial, and smaller residential construction. There style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.