Why should you choose a 40 x 100 metal building? This article will go through the different reasons why you should pick this steel building size. We will also look into its possible cost.
Myths About Metal Buildings
Before we discuss the cost of a 40 x 100 metal building, we have to talk about the myths of these types of structures.
- Steel Structures Are Very Weak – If you have seen old metal farm sheds then you would have some ideas as to why this myth came up. The metal sheds of the past are flimsy, to say the least. The steel used in modern steel buildings are very durable and meant to withstand a great deal of punishment.
- Metal Structures Are Not Energy Efficient – One of the most common myths regarding metal buildings is that they are not energy efficient. The reason why this myth is so persistent is that there is some truth to it. Metal, including steel which is the most common metal used for construction, is a very good conductor. But with the use of modern insulation these buildings can be very efficient.
- Steel Buildings Are Noisy – This is related to the belief that metal buildings are not very efficient. With the help of modern insulation, the noise from the outside can be blocked off very effectively. Again, this would depend on the installation of good insulating materials.
- Steel Buildings Are Prone To Be Struck By Lightning – Some people believe that metal buildings are more prone to a lightning strike. This is not necessarily true. The electricity from a lightning strike is grounded so it will not cause injury or damage to the people inside.
- Metal Buildings Are Dangerous When Exposed to Electrical Lines – This is actually related to the myth with lightning strikes. The truth is that when properly grounded, these buildings should not pose any danger when exposed to live electrical lines. These buildings are required to have ground fault interrupt (GFI). A building with a timber frame on the other hand can pose a fire risk when exposed to damaged electrical lines.
- Metal Buildings Are Prone to Rust Damage – Another major myth that people believe in connection with metal buildings is that they are prone to rust damage. True, steel can be damaged by rust, but the metal used in structures are treated with chemicals that prevent the build-up of rust.
- Metal Buildings Expand and Contract Based on Temperature – It is true that metal can contract and expand based on the temperature. But that should not be a problem with metal structures since the designers will factor the effects of temperature when they design a building. They expect that a building will expand and contrast.
These are just some of the myths that people believe when it comes to metal buildings.
Benefits of Metal Buildings
Now, that we have gone through some of the more common myths when it comes to metal buildings, it’s time to list down the benefits that one can get from these types of structures.
- Durability and Longevity – Metal buildings are very durable simply because the steel used in making these structures have very high tensile strength. That means it would require a great deal of force before it is damaged or destroyed. Because metal buildings are very durable they should last quite long.
- Versatile – Another major benefit of metal buildings is that it’s quite versatile. It can be used for so many other purposes. The thing about a steel building is that it can be expanded quite easily. All it takes is opening up one end.
- Easy and Fast Assembly – One of the most common reasons why property owners choose a 40 X 100 Metal Building is because of its easy and quick assembly. Commercial space owners want a building to be erected as quickly as possible and that’s why they turn to steel buildings when they can.
- Cost-Effective – Steel buildings are very cost-effective. Because they don’t require as much labor to assemble when compared to other 40 X 100 Metal Building its cost is a lot lower.
Cost of a 40 X 100 Metal Building
So, how much does a 40 X 100 metal building cost?
This building size has a floor area of 4,000 square feet. You can expect this building to cost anywhere from $26,000.00 and 29,000.00. The price would depend on the additions and extensions that you want for your 40 X 100 Metal Building.
This kind of building can be used for manufacturing facilities, small aircraft hangars, warehouses, storage, recreational facilities and so much more. It’s really a very versatile structure.
So, why should you get a 40 x 100 metal building? Well, it’s very versatile and cost-effective. It’s going to be worth every single dollar that you invest in its construction.
Internet discussion of a 40 X 100 Metal Building
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Quonset Hut Steel Buildings are suitable from residential to farming to commercial purposes. This type of building style is very popular for building a DIY workshop on your property. This style of building will have extreme versatility and you will enjoy the ease of assembly.
Steel Frame Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial, and smaller residential construction. There style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.