30 X 120 Metal Building – One of the criticisms of metal buildings is that they don’t offer good insulation. That means additional energy costs. But is that criticism true? Does a 30 x 120 metal building offer poor insulation or is that just a myth? This article will look into that.
Metal Buildings and Energy Consumption
Did you know that buildings consume a third of all the energy and two-thirds of all the electricity produced? This is why energy consumption should be factored when a building is being designed. That includes considering the impact of the materials to be used for the construction of energy consumption.
Metal buildings have a bad reputation when it comes to energy consumption. That’s because steel, which is the most common metal used for construction, is a very poor insulator. Without insulation, a metal building could lose internal heat or cold quickly. That can lead to an increase in energy consumption.
While metal is poor insulation that does not automatically mean that structures built using them would lead to an increase in energy consumption. That effect can be mitigated by the use of modern insulation.
In fact, a 30 X 120 Metal Building with modern insulating materials can lead to a reduction in energy bills by as much as 50%. Now, that’s not automatic but it just shows how modern metal buildings can lead to energy savings.
How can that be? That’s mainly because 30 X 120 Metal Building have fewer breaks in the walls for support. In a wooden building, for example, the support in the wall section would not have insulation. With metal buildings, the walls are continuous without any breaks or at least fewer breaks. That means solid insulation which covers the entire space.
Metal roofs can also be painted with highly reflective paint which can deflect most of the heat from the sunlight. As long as the energy efficiency is designed into the building then it can really lead to more savings.
Other Reasons Why You Should Use a 30 X 120 Metal Building
Energy efficiency is not the only advantage offered by metal buildings. There are other equally good reasons why you should consider it.
Here are some of those reasons:
- Metal buildings are very strong and highly durable. Researchers found that of all the materials commonly used for construction, steel has the highest tensile strength. Tensile strength is a way of measuring the strength of materials. It is the strength required to break a material. The strength and durability of steel mean that it can last much longer.
- Metal buildings are very cost-effective. A majority of steel buildings are prefabricated, meaning that the sections are made in plants based on measurements and the design of the project. They are delivered on-site and assembled there which means most of the work for the buildings is done in the plants so there is less cost on labor.
- Organic materials like wood are prone to all kinds of infestation. Mold and mildew can be real problems. Wood can also be damaged by termites. You will not have a termite problem with a metal structure.
- Steel construction is also eco-friendly. The more that steel is used, the fewer trees will have to be cut for wood. Also, all the excess materials used in building a metal building can be recycled. Nothing will go to waste.
- Metal buildings can also last longer than other materials because it is not easily affected by adverse weather and other things that can damage a building made from other materials.
These are just the leading benefits that you can get from metal buildings. Now, it’s time to look into the cost of a 30 X 120 metal building.
Cost and Uses of a 30 X 120 Metal Building
With an area covering 3,600 square feet, a 30 X 120 metal building can be used for a variety of purposes. Here are some of the uses of a steel building of this size:
- A building of this size is perfect for use in small-scale manufacturing. The unobstructed interior makes it easy for workers to move around.
- It’s also ideal for a small warehouse. When the products to be stored are not that big, a 30 x 120 building can be perfect.
- It’s also the perfect size for storing agricultural equipment. These are very large equipment that would require enough space for maintenance and repair.
- Who says that a metal building cannot be used as an office? With the right addition, these steel buildings can be used comfortably as a working space.
When it comes to the cost, this size of the building has a price range of $27,000 and $30,000, depending on what kind of insulation and other accessories you would like to add to it. If you’re going to use as equipment storage, you don’t need top of the line insulation for it.
Internet discussion of 30 x 120 Metal Buildings
Metal Building Suppliers Across The USA
Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.